The Recipe of Success ® is a restaurant and foodservice consulting company specializing in fine dining, full service, QSR, fast casual and kiosk operations with extensive experience in concept development, start up operations, day to day operations, guest service, training and procurement. Creativity, attention to detail and out of the box thinking with a firm understanding of basic principles and detailed support programs makes us truly distinctive.
Our Goals are to:
• Provide Outstanding Service & Support
• Exceed all of Your Expectations
• Help You to Capitalize on Your Success!!!
The Recipe of Success ® is overseen by Mark Moeller, a 30 plus year veteran of hands on experience. Mr. Moeller concentrates his efforts in development of complete and comprehensive training programs, operational reviews, menu development, purchasing strategies with complete focus on the end result improving both guest satisfaction and the bottom line.
Prior to starting his consulting business in 2000, Mr. Moeller spent 18 years in corporate and entrepreneurial organizations. Mr. Moeller’s resume covers the fast food, fast casual and full service segments of the restaurant industry. Mr. Moeller is an Operations Specialist with extensive experience in restaurant and retail startup, design, development and process. Bottom line oriented operator with considerable expertise in all phases of free standing and multiple unit operation as well as corporate needs including, but not limited to, concept design, cost control, training, procurement, technical requirements, distribution and management.
I am a 30 plus year veteran of the restaurant industry with considerable expertise in all phases of free standing and multiple unit operation as well as corporate needs including, but not limited to, concept design, cost control, training, procurement, technical requirements, distribution and management. I have a degree in Food & Beverage Management from Johnson & Wales University.
My career focus has been providing the ultimate guest satisfaction while maximizing profitability. The key to my success has been my ability to develop cohesive teams that have the same focus. I am an experienced multi-unit manager that has never lost focus on the happenings at the store level.
Functioning as a Consultant, Director/VP of Operations to various clients in full service, QSR and fast
Key accomplishments include but not limited to:
• Cost reduction through improved purchasing, training and sourcing of all goods and services
• Developed and implemented station training modules for each position with in the restaurant for 10 different restaurant concepts
• Wrote and trained management teams on Operations Manuals for 10 different restaurant concepts as a complete resource for management
• Created structure to insure compliance to all new policies and procedures
• Lead on developing complete Franchise Operating Structure and Guidelines for new cafe concept
• Responsible for design and layout of new concepts inclusive of equipment layout, equipment specifications, code compliance, design elements, furniture specs
• Developed menus for new concepts inclusive of product spec and sourcing, vendor relations, recipe creation, recipe books, training plus menu boards and paper menus
• POS sourcing and project management to insure correct system purchased and all data input is accurate and functional to include screen layouts, pricing, recipes, raw ingredients, vendors that lead to proper management of COGS, labor and cash handling integrity
• Responsible for turn around of a multi-unit restaurant in Manhattan. Concept required a complete operational and financial analysis that required employee replacement, development of operational, training & marketing systems, procedures, policies and manuals, re-training of entire management & employee team, development of profit & loss statements and other financial control systems (including COGS & labor), developed operating budgets and implemented HAACP guidelines in restaurants & commissary
• Worked with a high volume full service restaurant/bar/lounge to turn around their business that included a revenue increase of $1,000,000 over the previous yet, increase in bottom line profit of $1,050,000 inclusive of repayment of $250,000 in past debt
Who I have worked for:
• Prime Management
• Roy Rogers
• Caldor, Inc.
• Chock full o’Nuts
• Einstein Bros. Bagels